Thursday 21 July 2016

#ThatMomentWhen...

...you realise, one day late, that you didn't blog on the day you were supposed to! D'oh!

If we look past my inability to blog on the correct day whilst on holiday, then I'll get you started with what happened last Thursday. It was my last day of my first NCS wave and it went rather well, bar a hiccup in the middle of the day. The teams were all out doing their campaigns to raise awareness for whatever they had chosen, with my team's target being the WWI/WWII memorial site at Boggart Hole Clough that we'd done a stunning job on the day before. After that, it was time for a final review session and debrief before it was time to go. Some people left the building as soon as it was announced that they could leave, although most chose to stay behind to say goodbye to as many as they could. Once the place was tidied, the staff team were out for our final Wetherspoons trip before going our separate ways - a good way to end 4 great weeks!

I'm not entirely sure what I did last Friday. I feel like I didn't get as much sleep as I anticipated and spent quite a bit of time in front of the TV, Xbox or piano. Either way, it must've been extremely uneventful.

Talking of uneventful, I played cricket on both days over the weekend and fielded for 87.4 of the most boring overs I've ever seen. On Saturday, we restricted our opponents to 158-8 from 50 overs before knocking it off very comfortably. On Sunday, we bowled them out for 80 from 37.4 overs and chased it down comfortably again. The most interesting thing that happened must've been when an opposing batsman on Sunday pulled his hamstring trying to run a quick single off my bowling. I got the ball from mid-on but heard a body hitting the ground and an exclamation, stopping me from knocking the bails off and appealing for a run out. Unfortunately for the batsman it led to him retiring hurt - thankfully for us, it was the only player who'd resisted against our bowling attack!

This week hasn't been the most eventful either. It's been filled with plenty of ironing and a bit of shopping to get ready for a trip to Prague next Monday! Apart from that, I've been to cricket training and a referee mentor meeting. And that's about it!

Hopefully there'll be some sort of Wi-Fi at our hotel next week so I can blog on Wednesday!

Ollie :)
Twitter: @Chowerz
Instagram: @chowerz

No comments:

Post a Comment