Friday 17 July 2015

The friends you keep forever

So I'm back from the Lake District and, naturally, I was thinking again...here's what I thought about today:

Many people come and go in life. You'll meet new faces that may contribute to your life, either positively, negatively or both. No matter their effect on you, some people you may see for only a minute, or even a few seconds, and there are others who may hang around for a lifetime. However, there are only a handful that you will share endless moments of joy with, dotted with occasional mishaps, but will ultimately remain in touch with each other after all you've been through together.

As I found out today, sometimes we'll never say to each other, or to anyone we meet, that we're good friends. I don't believe in a 'best' friend - if you're my friend, you're a good one, because we wouldn't be friends if you weren't. It may be a gesture, an adventure, an experience or a facial expression that tells you everything you need to know. Today, for me, it was a slight pause, the making of eye contact, before laughing and throwing our arms around each other. Nothing more needed to be said.

I hope you're as lucky to have some people in your life as I have.

Oli
Twitter: @Chowerz

It's not the best photo but it's all I've got:

No comments:

Post a Comment