Wednesday 27 July 2016

Much wet. Very Prague.

It's Wednesday and I'm back in business after my disaster of posting a day late last week.

My Friday was great, basking in glorious sunshine at Old Trafford Cricket Ground as England battered Pakistan thanks to centuries from Alastair Cook and Joe Root. Somehow our beer snake that stretched halfway up the stand didn't make it onto Sky Sports, and I emerged with the darkest knees I've ever had.

The weekend was full of cricket from morning to evening on both days, during which I played some of my best individual cricket but came off losing in both matches. On Saturday we were rolled by the best bowler I've ever faced in a match. He took 6 wickets and I had no idea where I was going to score runs off him, but I managed to survive and post 27* in my longest ever innings lasting 124 balls having gone in at 0-3 and batted to the end. On Sunday I made 42 and took 4 wickets but we still managed to lose one of the closest matches I've been a part of.

Since Monday I've been in Prague, where we've been exploring an amazing city, drinking great beer and learning about another perspective of WWII. We've got two days left and are going HEAVY tonight. As you can see below, I'm still LOVING it despite the Manchester-esque weather (photo credit: Harry Vogt).


Hopefully next week I'll be able to report a good end to this holiday and two wins in cricket this weekend!

Ollie :)
Twitter: @Chowerz
Instagram: @chowerz

No comments:

Post a Comment