Wednesday 13 July 2016

It's almost over!

I'm writing this really late and caught in a bit of a twist. Half of me wants to go to bed ASAP and half of me wants to get this blog done today so that I'll keep up the consistent Wednesday blogs. I guess we'll wait and see how it goes!

The back end of last week was as hectic as NCS has ever been, and ended with us saying goodbye to our Programme Leader after three weeks. Come Saturday it was all about my dad's 50th birthday party - I got a trim before checking myself into the hotel where the party was being held, and where we were staying for the night. Before the party I managed to squeeze in a Costa trip with a couple of mates, which was a nice catch up.

The party itself was very good. Friends and family from all over (the North West) came to celebrate and we managed to set a personal best in alcohol consumption for my brother - a very decent 5 pints for him!

The next day I managed to bust the myth that "everybody plays [cricket] better hungover" as I made a standard captain's contribution of 1 run, 0 wickets and numerous misfields. However, the team did win and so did Andy Murray so it wasn't a bad day at all!

I've now had three out of my last four days of NCS, with the last day coming tomorrow! Today my team were at Boggart Hole Clough tidying the war memorial there, which now looks fab (pictures below)! I'm proud of what they've done and hoping they can finish their programme on a high tomorrow.



Here's to a good end to a great four weeks!

Ollie :)
Twitter: @Chowerz
Instagram: @chowerz


No comments:

Post a Comment