Tuesday 28 June 2016

A good week gone, a good week ahead!

As promised, I'm writing another blog one week after my previous one, and it'll be as beefed up as you might expect! If you haven't read that blog, you'll find it somewhere on this site. If you have, you'll know that I spent Wednesday to Sunday in Yorkshire as I started the first week of a new job. Put simply, it was really, really good! Who knew you could have so much fun whilst earning money?! The weather was great and it was just a very good few days with a new bunch of people. The photo below is from Cod Beck Reservoir - as a sucker for panoramas you can imagine what I was like as soon as I got there! I've gotta say the moment of the week for me was when our programme leader (i.e. our boss!) admitted that when he met us on Wednesday he had no idea whether we were staff or were participants that had turned up 2 hours early because we looked so young!


The big news last week, obviously, was that we voted to leave the EU. I woke up to this news on Friday morning and was pretty shocked given the late opinion polls showing a pretty big favouritism towards 'Remain'...which clearly didn't materialise! Those of us at the hostel spent a good 45 mins on our phones checking every bit of news and, in particular, the angry Facebook posts directed towards 'Leave' voters. I can't say I've been overly impressed by the reaction - the 'Remain' voters have been very negative since Friday. Despite the result being the opposite of how I voted, I'm still quite optimistic about our situation and am actually looking forward to see how we develop from here.

I got back from Yorkshire on Sunday and thought I'd try and get on with some tasks and make myself useful. That went down the drain pretty quickly - I was absolutely knackered after 5 early wake-ups in a row! I could barely concentrate for 5 mins so sacked in doing anything productive. Of course, I had to revert to typical me and wake up at 7:30am on Monday as if I had to do anything that day. For the last two days I've just been preparing for this week's work (Wednesday to Sunday again) and watching Wimbledon! Looking forward to another week of NCS!

And to end with a bit of football ranting...I've got to say I was glad that I couldn't watch England last night - out for a Chinese meal for grandad's birthday was a much more enjoyable couple of hours! Let's just say England were embarrassing and we'll leave it at that! Considering the number of resignations over the last week I've decided I'll be running for No.10 and for Head Coach of the England Football Team. All support is welcome :)

Catch y'all later!

Ollie
Twitter: @Chowerz
Instagram: @chowerz

No comments:

Post a Comment