Wednesday 17 August 2016

ITALIA.

After an exhausting day in Florence, we're back at the villa and are lounging about with the Olympics on the TV in the background. Earlier in the day I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to get this up in time but it seems to have worked out fine. So here we go!

I must admit that I'm feeling that tired that I'm prone to missing things out from the past week. Two things stick out from last Thursday. Firstly, I went for a haircut. Uneventful. Then in the evening I went for my second referee-related meeting in four days for an update on the Laws of the Game. If you didn't know, there have been 95 changes, so quite a lot to rethink before the new season starts!

Friday was spent eating all the leftovers we had before leaving for Italy, meaning my brother and I had an interesting lunch of vegetable soup, corn on the cob and something else that didn't really go with the other food. Then it was packing, out for dinner and an early night for a relatively early wake up.

Saturday was our flight to Italy, during which I experienced the most painful 10 minutes of flying I've ever felt, where my brain felt like it was being crushed as we started our descent. Nonetheless the rest of the day was fine and we had a good relax, apart from a wild goose chase trying to find an open restaurant.

On Sunday we went to San Gimignano, a place I'd previously visited on Assasin's Creed, which was beautiful, just like the cloudless weather. It was still a long day, meaning we had a rest on Monday before going to Greve in Chianti yesterday and Florence today. I think Florence may have some of the prettiest buildings I've ever seen. I'd recommend it to anyone.

My brother and I fly back on Saturday so we've got a couple more days in the sun before we return to the scheduled rain.

Ollie :)
Twitter: @Chowerz
Instagram: @chowerz

No comments:

Post a Comment